What exactly is Solid Surface?
Inspired by nature, with some colours that truly emulate those of stone, marble and granite, Solid Surface is a worthy addition to the ranks of other, luxurious, natural products and engineered stone. It has been used in many well known and revered places, including Buckingham Palace, Harrods and for the Kingdom of Bahrain.
The material itself is a mixture of 1/3 acrylic combined with 2/3 natural minerals, which are cured, with pigment and crunchies added, to create a hard as stone, beautiful, hard wearing, surface material.
Why do we love this sleek, versatile material so much?
- It is almost limitless in what can be achieved using it.
- If you are looking for a product that creates a sleek, seamless look, this product is the perfect choice, as it can be joined together seamlessly, achieving larger/wider sizes than other, more limited materials.
- It looks and feels luxurious, with each piece made to order and, therefore, unique and exclusive to the customer.
- It will stand the test of time and is extremely durable and easy to maintain.
- Solid Surface can be reinvigorated years down the line. It can also be repaired if damage occurs, in most instances avoiding the need for a complete replacement.
- It is water tight, germ and stain repellent, and easy to clean.
- It does not require sealing, unlike other more porous materials.
- It can be heat treated to create curves and shapes that other materials simply cannot achieve.
- It can flow and glide and produce the most magnificent shapes.
Many customers have revisited us to use this product again and again over the years, as they too are amazed by what it can do.
Though we have seen Solid Surface moulded into so many fantastic shapes and sizes many, many times, it never ceases to astound us what it is truly capable of!
Like many others, we have fallen in love with and couldn’t imagine working with any other material. It has so many potential uses, we are constantly amazed by where it has, and continues to be used.
The limit to this product really is the imagination!!
If you would like to have a conversation with us about the materials we offer, we would welcome a call, you can catch us on 01277 263603, or perhaps drop us a line to email@example.com