What is Solid Surface?
Inspired by nature, with some colours that truly emulate those of stone, marble and granite, Solid Surface is a worthy addition to the ranks of other, luxurious, natural products and engineered stone. It has been used in many well known and revered places, including Buckingham Palace, Harrods and for the Kingdom of Bahrain.
Solid Surface is a mixture of 1/3 acrylic combined with 2/3 natural minerals, which are cured, with pigment and crunchies added, to create a hard as stone, beautiful, hard wearing, surface sheet material..Solid Surface sheets.
Solid Surface brands you may have heard of include: Corian, Hi Macs, Staron, Hanex, Durasein, Durat, Mirostone, Tristone and Velstone.
What are the benefits of using Solid Surface?
- It is almost limitless in what can be achieved using it.
- If you are looking for a product that creates a sleek, seamless look, this product is the perfect choice, as it can be joined together seamlessly, achieving larger/wider sizes than other, more limited materials.
- It looks and feels luxurious, with each piece made to order and, therefore, unique and exclusive to the customer.
- It will stand the test of time and is extremely durable and easy to maintain.
- Solid Surface can be reinvigorated years down the line. It can also be repaired if damage occurs, in most instances avoiding the need for a complete replacement.
- It is water tight, germ and stain repellent, and easy to clean.
- It does not require sealing, unlike other more porous materials.
- It can be heat treated to create curves and shapes that other materials simply cannot achieve.
- It can flow and glide and produce the most magnificent shapes.
Over 22 years, we have had the pleasure of fabricating and installing Solid Surface on many prestigious sites such as Buckingham Palace, Harrods and the Kingdom of Bahrain.
For more examples of our work (domestic and commercial) please take a look at our gallery, or get in touch on 01277 263603.